Ever notice how different the car buying experience is today? Customers rarely walk into the showroom and ask the salesperson which car they should buy. Instead, they often have researched make, model, and even the options they are interested in. On top of that, they often know how much they are willing to pay.
Today’s reality is the more information you can provide a potential customer before they call you, the better, and the Internet is the fastest way for your customers to evaluate your company and products. Do you have a web presence that matches their demand? Many equipment rental companies have small or outdated websites, or they only have a Facebook page. If you do not have a professional and clear website, you are not making it easy for your customers to buy into your company’s vision.
Creating a website is time consuming and we have come up with a list of suggestions for equipment rental websites to assist you in analyzing your current website . We hope these tips help you analyze your online presence in a fresh way.
Tips for Equipment Rental Websites:
- Help people find you online. If you aren’t currently investing in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), you need to consider it. If you want people to find your rental business when they type in Google, “Rental Equipment YOUR CITY NAME”, a company that has invested in SEO will rise to the top.
- Make it easy for customers to request a rental. Put your contact information such as a phone number or email on every page.
- Give them many options to secure a rental. In addition to a phone number or email address, you could have forms on your website for them to fill out directly requesting rental equipment. We have examples of this type of form on our site here.
- Remember the visual learner. Some customers will want to see what they are renting so be sure to incorporate pictures of your products.
- Don’t forget the details. Give your customers the full specs and descriptions of each product you have to rent. Including details and product reviews will show your customer that you have industry knowledge.
- Everyone loves a good video. Have you thought about filming your products in action? If you introduce and review the equipment and post the video to YouTube your customers will watch it to determine if it is a good fit for them. These videos can be embedded into your site as well.
- Sell your company, not just your rental equipment. Make sure you have a great company description that speaks to your professionalism and integrity. Also ensure your policies, rates, and terms are easy to find.
- Make sure your website works on a variety of devices. What looks good on your computer at your desk may not display properly on your customer’s mobile device. Talk to your website team, there are many affordable ways of ensuring your site scales to each device.
We hope you found these tips useful. If you’re like to reach out to us you can always give us a call at 877-777-7764.
By Malcolm Roach of Open Door Technology and founder of Open Door Rental Software.