While it may seem that chief executive offices are the boss and report to no one, in reality, they probably have more stakeholders to report to than anyone else including meeting the needs of employees, customers, investors, communities, and regulatory requirements. As the CEO of a mid-size or smaller rental organization, you probably have a significant ownership stake in the company.
You’re responsible for creating, communicating, and implementing vision and direction. You need information to set and continually evaluate the organization’s strategy. The CEO is the leader for all other executive leaders.
In order to be effective you need to intimately understand the pulse of the company without actually being involved in the hands-on operations. You need accurate, real-time information to quickly evaluate whether your strategy is succeeding and whether adjustments need to be made.
Microsoft Dynamics® NAV helps chief executive officers of equipment rental companies gain significant competitive advantages and operational efficiencies. It provides a system that can be quickly adapted to meet unique needs as well as provide key real-time operational data to capitalize on opportunities and exceed customer requirements.
In particular, CEO’s need to respond quickly to demand for rental equipment as customer preferences change and new projects come online. Microsoft Dynamics NAV lets you configure the software to your requirements, not be forced into a box by either tier one vendors or old technology.
As a direct result of its flexibility and adaptability, Microsoft Dynamics NAV has become the most popular mid-market ERP software system worldwide with over 100,000 customers. In addition to equipment rental capability, the product suite provides fully integrated modular solutions for supply chain management, financials, human resources, payroll, job cost, manufacturing, fixed assets, customer relationship management and service management.
Some of the more unique features available in Microsoft Dynamics NAV for you, the chief executive officer, include:
- Real-Time Operations and Financial Data – Your information is as up-to-date as the last posted transaction. This allows operational and financial decisions to be made using current data, which can easily be displayed in a dashboard format using a number of different products. Utilization information is as current as the last transaction post.
- A Comprehensive System – The extensive functionality available within Microsoft Dynamics NAV allows a company to meet its needs right through from marketing through to receipt of customer payments
- Accessibility of Information – All information is immediately available from a summary report level down to the detailed transactions underlying the report. Equipment availability is real-time without having to consult spreadsheets or check out the equipment yard.
- A Completely Integrated System – . Integrate rental, service, and financial systems. Never again will precious resources and time be wasted on trying to integrate a variety of systems. Information is immediately available to all users. System upgrades become much simpler. Enter data once and utilize it in many places
- Configuration to Fit Best Business Practices – The system can be installed as an off-the-shelf system or be configured to fit best practices available for your organization. Microsoft Dynamics NAV won’t put you in a strait jacket.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership – Microsoft Dynamics NAV is priced as a mid-market package and saves significant amounts in the cost of the software, the initial implementation and the ongoing software assurance program. Dynamics NAV typically implements for a fraction of the cost of a Tier One solution such as SAP or Oracle and offers comparable functionality and performance. PMP-certified project management activities for Dynamics NAV projects typically results in projects that are on time, on budget, on spec.
- Guaranteed Software Investment From Microsoft – As the fastest selling Enterprise Resources Planning application from Microsoft, Microsoft Dynamics NAV continues to be enhanced with an annual release cycle. As long as a customer remains current on their annual software enhancement program, Microsoft guarantees a free software license upgrade to any new technology released in the future. Many of the equipment rental solutions currently on the market are trapped in a technology cycle from the 1980’s or 1990’s. An investment in Microsoft allows your organization to flourish in a time of rapid technology change.
If you have any questions about how Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Open Door Rental Software can further assist CEOs , please contact us.